Chemical Peels are a skin rejuvenation and resurfacing formula that remove the top layers of dead skin cells in order to smooth and refine the skins texture.
The purpose of a peel is to assist in erasing skin imperfections and improve skin tone and texture as well as restore skin clarity. A peel works by exfoliating and removing the outermost layer of the skin.
Skin is the body’s largest organ, it also happens to be the most exposed. Every time we step outside, we expose our skin to harmful ultraviolet rays, changes in climate, pollutants and other elements that cause damage to the skin.
Peels can significantly improve the appearance of skin imperfections such as, fine lines and wrinkles, irregular texture, dull and sallow skin, hyper pigmentation and acne. Exfoliation of the skin is key to maintaining healthy functioning skin.
The skin naturally reproduces cells and brings new cells to the surface of the skin however as we age this process slows down resulting in an abnormal build-up of cells.
A peel provides a deeper exfoliation of the outer most layer of the stratum corneum which in turn stimulates both cellular turnover and the internal structure of the skin to activate and energise fibroblasts and collagen synthesis. Exfoliation of the skin also allows for optimal penetration of subsequently applied active ingredients.
Chemical peels provide a non-invasive procedure for clients seeking highly visible results and can be customised to provide the level of exfoliation required. All skin types will benefit from Chemical Peels regardless of skin condition, age, gender and ethnic background.
At Skinworx we perform a variety of peels including:
- Lactic Acid Peel (minimal photo damage)
- Salicylic Acid Peel (acne skin)
- Pyruvic Acid Peel (sensitive skin)
- Glycolic Acid Peel
- Lactic Acid Peel
- Reveal Peel
- Pumpkin Peel (age management, acne, pigmentation)
- Replenishing Peel (rejuvenation)
- Glycolic Acid (age management)
- TCA Peel
Regular Peels will
- Improve the freshness and smoothness of your complexion
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Assist with acne and help to reduce congestion and blocked pores
- Help increase cellular turnover
- Improve the texture of the skin and stimulate collagen renewal
- Improve superficial scarring and irregular pigmentation
- Benefit the face, neck, hands and decolletage
Chemical Peels start from $75 per treatment. Chemical Peels can also be combined with other treatments to increase their effectivness such as Deep Pore Cleanses, Student Cleanses, Microdermabrasion or Dermapen Treatments.