We are excited to announce a brand new non-surgical solution for double chins! Dr Richard Keyes is proud to be one of the first doctors in Australia to offer Fat Dissolving Injections For Under The Chin Area. This revolutionary product offers a permanent solution for removal of double chin fat as an in office day only procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Fat Dissolving Injections for under the chin area permanently remove double chin fat?
Yes. Fat Dissolving Injections for under the chin area permanently destroys double chin fat. Once the fat cells have been destroyed they will never return.
How effective is the treatment?
Patient reviews show 88% satisfaction after using Fat Dissolving Injections for under the chin area. Patients who are not satisfied with the treatment are mostly not suitable candidates or patients with higher expectations. It is mandatory to have a proper examination by a trained health provider before the treatment to get the right advice and to determine if you are the right candidate for the treatment.
What are the side effects of the treatment?
- Swelling around the injected area- we expect to see swelling. It means the treatment is working. In fact, we say please call us if it does not swell! We recommend not going back to work on the day of treatment and using ice on the neck intermittently in the hours after treatment.
- Temporary numbness under the chin. Approximately 50% of patients will feel this slight numbness after treatment, with symptoms wearing off after 30 days on average.
- Warmth and redness - 40% of patients will feel warmth or redness under the chin on the day of treatment.
- Firmness under the chin- Studies show that 16% of patients will feel firmness or 'induration' under the skin after treatment. This is not a worrying symptom and resolves, on average, after 51 days according to studies.
Who should not receive the treatment?
1. Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin; have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin; have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area; have had or have trouble swallowing; have bleeding problems.
2. Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.
How is the treatment done?
After a consultation and assessment the treatment is performed in clinic with a series of small injections into the area of fat to be treated. Ice packs are all that is required for pain killers and the treatment takes approximately 20 minutes.
How many treatments are required?
We recommend at least 2 treatments of a minimum of 2 vials to see results with most patients requiring 3 treatments at 6 week intervals.
Will I see results straight away?
No. It takes up to 6 weeks for you to notice the effects.